As Karin and I sat reflecting about the starting of our own physical therapy clinic, we realized that is has been a long journey. A journey that started in physical therapy school at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, then onto an adventurous trip through Europe to learn more about life and each other, then to Salt Lake City where we started our PT careers with tremendous opportunities.
These opportunities included working with fabulous clinicians, volunteering with the 2002 Olympics and Paralympic Games, and working closely with professional sports teams. We then had an opportunity to pursue an interest in Central Oregon and when we visited, we fell in love immediately. We dreamed of all the potential of creating our own place of practice.
It’s hard to believe that it has been eight years since we opened the doors at APEX Physical Therapy. We opened April 1st, 2007 with the mission of caring for Madras and Jefferson County families through preventative education and community focused rehabilitation services.
Most importantly, we want to express gratitude and thanks to the people that have facilitated this to happen. We would like to thank the following:
- Our patients: You are the reason we do what we do. Thank you for entrusting us with your physical therapy needs. We have learned so much from each other. We enjoy each and every interaction and opportunity to work with our patients. Collectively as a group, our patients have brought such positive energy to our clinic.
- Our awesome APEX Physical Therapy Team: Thank you to all the current team members and the past team members. Each and every one of you has helped shape us and improve us with hard work, dedication, and ability to keep our common goal of excellent patient and customer service as a top priority. We could not have asked for a better team to surround ourselves with.
- Our providers: Thank you to the providers in the healthcare community that trust us with the care of their patients for a variety of physical therapy and musculoskeletal needs. Without your support and communication, we would not be able to continually work on achieving our goals of providing physical therapy care to those in the Jefferson County area.
- Our Business Associates such as Vantage Clinical Solutions and Alliance Pros Accounting: I remember clearly meeting with Tannus and Kyle with Vantage Clinical Solutions in late 2006 and early 2007 to sort out the details of whether it would make sense to move forward with private physical therapy practice. Thankfully, it did make sense. The amazing team that Vantage has continued to provide helps us be more efficient at what we do best and focus on patient care. To John at Alliance Pros, his countless business and accounting wisdom has been instrumental in keeping us upright.
- Our local high schools: We were greeted to the community with open arms by both Madras High School and Culver High School. Working with local educators and students has been so rewarding… and well, educational. This relationship has been amazing and has allowed us to provide volunteer athletic training services on the sidelines of many home games/events. This partnership has also permitted us to provide free athlete assessments at our clinic for hundreds of athletes from both schools, help them with their injuries, and decide together what would be the best course of action. The local physicians/providers have been reliable at getting these athletes in if needed after their assessment visit and we thank them for this as well.
- Jefferson County: From day one we felt welcomed when we opened our practice here on April 1, 2007. The business and agriculture community and their organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, and Kiwanis have been so supportive. Madras Aquatic Center (MAC), thank you for being such an amazing facility! This phenomenal facility has provided many patients the opportunity to learn about the healing properties of movement in the water. The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, thank you for permitting us opportunities to be involved in activities such as health fairs and entrusting us with PT services for tribal members. We’ve learned so much from each of you.
- Families: Our little family, our extended family, our team members’ families, and the families of patients – thank you.
In closing, Karin and I would like to express our most heartfelt gratitude and look forward to providing continued care with continued growth over years to come. As we reflect upon these last 8 years, we feel that there has been much accomplished, but also realize that there are always things to improve upon. We thank each and every one of you that has been responsible for our creation, our support, and our progress. Please stay tuned for further announcements, programs, and improvements at APEX Physical Therapy!